BATTERY MAINTENANCE MADE SIMPLE!
Battery Maintenance Checklist
- Never smoke or have open flame or spark near a battery.
- Always wear personal safety wear when inspecting, servicing or working near batteries.
- Always maintain correct electrolyte levels as specified.
- Always maintain batteries in clean and dry condition.
- Always insure no metal objects come into contact with the battery.
- Always add distilled or approved water only. If spill-overs occur, contact battery expert for service.
- Discharge batteries no more than 80% of their rated capacity. Ideal discharge/charge parameters are 6 hours
use, 8 hours charge and 4 hours cool-down prior to use.
- Never place a hot battery on-charge or in operation. If battery is hot (+115F), contact battery expert for
- Always perform and record electrolyte and cell voltage readings on a minimum quarterly basis on each 75
Remove or open all covers from batteries during charge, insure adequate ventilation exists in all
areas where batteries are being charged.